Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Vacation and Vocabularies

So lets start with vocabularies. Bug has been in speech for a little while now and boy has it helped. The other day for one, coming down to a point of not even knowing where she even learned this word, we get out of the shower and she goes for a towel. I'm like "Baby, what are you doing?" - Without missing a beat she goes "Mama, I have to get the condensation off of the mirror!" - What!? When did she even...I mean, not only did she say the word clearly, but she used it in the right sense! Then...earlier today (She LOVES Doc McStuffins), she comes up to me and "looks into my eyes" then runs and grabs a piece of paper and a crayon and says "Alright mama. I have your diagnosis!" LMBO! Bless her heart! She's growing up so fast.

Next up, vacation. We made it to grandma and grandpa's house. For her birthday of all things. Sharing a birthday with your grandma is special enough, and actually being able to be with grandma this time around, made it that much better. We had so much fun with this stint away from home. We went bowling, grandpa and daddy took her to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, which let me tell you, was definitely a treat for grandpa, we went swimming, she made a bird house with daddy, mama and grandma got in the water and swam with manatee's, even though she was scared of them, daddy and grandpa were along for the boat ride, we took a little scenic boat ride, and we just all around had a good time. One of Bug's favorite things to talk about while being there was her and grandpa watched Sharknado and Ghost Shark together on television. That was one of the things she talks about more than anything. She got to ride in the golf cart a lot too, which was a total hi-light for her.

She even through the fit of a lifetime, which resulted in me carrying her out of a department store, with her kicking and screaming under my arm like a football. LoL! I'll never forget, there was these little old ladies walking in the parking lot. And Bug was going "Mommy, I don't like this! I don't like you!" and I told her, "You know what, that's okay because I still love you." and one lady looked at me and she goes "Just keep smilin honey. It will get better!" Made my whole day, even with a screaming four year old tucked under my side. It was a most memorable trip, and so good. So good. Hated to leave, but then, it's my mama and daddy. I always hate saying good-bye.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'm on my way back to finish Bug's room. We're going through and donating a few (Like 75%) of her toys that she never plays with. She's got so many toys, oh my goodness. And like I explained to her, there are lots of kids out there who don't have any toys. So we're going through and she's helping go through the ones she wants to give to someone else. My baby girl. Gettin all growed up. *Sniffle*

No comments:

Post a Comment